Judge David J. Buter
Assistant Kent County Prosecuting Attorney (1977-1981)
- Established a full-time prosecutor with Honorable Joel Hoekstra in Kent County Juvenile Court.
- Handled wide variety of neglect and delinquency cases in Kent County Juvenile Court for one year.
- Extensive trial experience in all areas of criminal prosecution in every district court in Kent County.
- Circuit Court trial attorney, three years.
- Wrote appellate briefs for the office.
- Member of team presenting unsolved murders to Kent County Citizens' Grand Jury.
Linsey, Strain & Worsfold, P.C. (1982-1994)
- Named partner January 1985.
- Extensive general practice experience in district and circuit courts.
- Specialized practice in insurance defense litigation.
- Attained Martindale-Hubbel A.V. rating.
- Served on Circuit Court mediation panels in Kent, Ottawa and Allegan counties.
- Calvin College, 1981-present, Part-time professor of Business Law.
He ran for election to continue in his position in November of 1996 and was elected to serve through December 31, 1998. In November 1998 he ran unopposed and was elected to serve through December 31, 2004.
Judge, 61st District Court (1995 - present)
- Appointed March 1995 and reelected without opposition November 1996 for a six-year term.
- Appointed Chief Judge of 61st District Court, January 2000 - December 2001.
|School||Years||Degree / Honors|
|Grand Rapids East Christian High School||1967-1969||Diploma; class officer; student council; basketball captain and All-City team.|
|Calvin College||1969-1973||B.S., Psychology; Dean's List 1971-1973|
|University of Arizona||1973||15 hours towards Master/Public Administration|
|Thomas Cooley Law School||1974-1976||Juris Doctor; graduate with distinction|
Michigan Bar Association; Grand Rapids Bar Association; President of Council, LaGrave Avenue Christian Reformed Church (current); and President Seymour Christian School Board (1991-1992).